CREST - Counselors Reinforcing Excellence in Texas
With the release of the new Texas Model we are redeveloping and enhancing the CREST process! Look for changes to come!
What is CREST?
Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas (CREST) is sponsored by the Texas School Counselor Association (TSCA) and awarded to school counseling programs that meet CREST requirements. CREST is a continuous improvement document that school counseling programs can use to demonstrate effective communication and a commitment to obtaining results.
Ask yourself, ―Why should our school counseling program pursue the CREST application process?
Benefits of CREST:
- Advocate for your school counseling program and show how it supports student success
- Document your school counseling program’s role in supporting student success
- Show continuous improvement data for your counseling program
- Highlight program successes for all stakeholders
- Strengthen the campus counseling program by aligning it with the campus improvement plan
- Reinforce the school counselor’s role in the academic, personal/social, and career development of students
- Link your school counseling program to state, national, and legislative standards
- Provide a tool for accountability
- Receive recognition at the Texas School Counselor Association/Texas Counseling Association spring conferences
- Receive a CREST banner for display on your campus
CREST Winning Schools 2016-2017
CREST Winning Schools 2015-2016
CREST Winning Schools 2014-2015