Call for Programs
Fort Worth, November 13-16, 2019
The Texas Counseling Association is accepting programs for our annual Professional Growth Conference. Persons in all areas of the counseling profession are invited to submit a proposal. Students presenting a program may not be primary presenters and must have a college professor as a co-presenter. A presenter may participate in a maximum of three (3) programs. All presenters must be members of TCA and register for the conference, except presenters residing outside of Texas or those who are not mental health professionals. You do not have to be a current member to submit a proposal, but must join TCA and register for the conference to be accepted as a presenter. Members, login with your TCA User ID and password. Non-members must have a profile setup in the database, click here to create a profile if you don't have one.
- Call for Programs Open: March 25, 2019
- Call for Programs Closes:
May 25, 2019; Extended June 3, 2019
- Call for Programs form has a 1-hour time limit before you are automatically logged out, save your submission frequently! (data loss is possible)
- Conference Program Lengths: 1.5 hour, 3.0 hour, Poster Displays, Learning Institutes, and Post-Conference
- Main presenters are responsible for coordinating acceptance and logistics with all co-presenters. TCA does not contact co-presenters directly.
- Programs are approved for LPC, NBCC, SBEC, LMFT, LCDC, Social Worker, and Psychologist Continuing Education Hours. (Poster Displays do not earn CEUs).
- All presenters must be included on the original submission.
- The Program Committee uses a blind review process in selecting programs.
- TCA does not provide computers, LCD projectors, internet access, or travel stipends.
- All program handouts must be provided by the presenter, you can post your handouts on the TCA handouts page.
- All sales must take place in the exhibit hall, selling or promoting materials during or after programs in a meeting room is strictly prohibited.
Instructions for Submitting a Proposal
- Click the upper left link "Enter Paper"
- (TCA Members) Login with your TCA User ID and Password
New users who have never submitted a program with us - Complete the New User registration
- Other Presenters/Authors- List your co-presenters, if any (If you are the main presenter, do not enter yourself here)
- Please complete all sections - (Required Fields: Title, Degree, License 1, Preferred Session Format, May We Record, Program Summary, Learning Objective 1, 2, and 3, Ethical Codes, and Bibliography)
- Program Title - Come up with a good, intriguing title.
- Program Summary - Liven up your description to get the readers attention. Spell out what an attendee will get from your program.
- Educational Content - Describe what will be included in your program. Also list if you will be doing a powerpoint or distributing handouts.
- Learning Objectives - These are the knowledge/skills you expect the audience to gain from your program. Craft strong learning objectives. These are critical in the program review process.
- Topic - Selecting the appropriate primary and secondary topics is important to the review process. Your program will be assigned to a specialist in the field you choose.
- File upload is not required - if you have any additional material you'd like to be considered please include here.
- Titles should accurately describe your program
- Summaries should be concise and well written - this will be published in the Program Book
To make additional edits to your program (Until May 25, 2019):
- Click this link
- (Members) Login with your User ID and Password
(Non-Members) Login with your Registrant ID and Email
- Click Edit on the paper you’d like to edit
- Edit your submission
- Click Save
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.