Texas Association For Multicultural Counseling and Development
1204 San Antonio, Ste. 201
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 472-3403
Fax: (512) 472-3756
A division of the Texas Counseling Association
- Provide articles on multicultural topics for the TCA Journal, Guidelines, or other publications.
- Review Strategic Plan. Revise Mission Statement.
- Sponsor multicultural workshops/programs annually.
- Sponsor at least two workshops at the TCA conference annually.
- Participate actively with TCA’s Human Rights Committee (TexAMCD leadership representative).
- Advocate with colleges and universities to improve the multiculturalism training provided in Texas’ counselor education programs.
- Access TCA/EEF resources to support professional development in multicultural issues.
- Invite colleges/universities to collaborate with TexAMCD in hosting TCA conference receptions and regional workshops.
- Identify, recruit, and mentor new leaders.
- Recruit a broad base of members.
- Increase membership by 5%.