Texas Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues in Counseling
1204 San Antonio, Ste. 201
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 472-3403
Fax: (512) 472-3756
A division of the Texas Counseling Association
The Texas Counseling Association works for it members. Listed below are benefits offered by TCA!
- Legal Helpline enables TCA members to call and speak with an attorney regarding business or personal matters
- Opportunity to purchase 1,000,000/3,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance written specifically for TCA members through HPSO
- Annual conference and other workshops offering CEU credits
- Full time Executive Director on staff to represent TCA members at the State Legislature, State agencies and assist members with any concerns they may have.
- A referral section on TCA's webpage to provide a listing of counselors who are TCA members and have expertise in particular counseling specialties.
- A Talent Bank on TCA's webpage to provide a listing of counselors who are TCA members who are willing to share their counseling related skills in professional growth activities.
- 6 issues of TCA Guidelines, the official newsletter of TCA, featuring coverage on legislative activity, counseling trends, and events of importance to the profession.
- Annual subscription to The TCA Journal with timely articles and research.
- Educational Endowment Fund grants of up to $500. The fund will provide professional development awards to be made for the following purposes: (1)academic awards for course work toward completion of graduate degrees in counseling, human development, or a directly related field; (2)special activities, such as original research, special conference attendance, specialized study; and (3)other professional development or continuing education activities.
- Professional Development grants are available to all divisions and chapters as a means of developing professional development programs, workshops, seminars, continuing education programs (CEUs), and lectureships.
- Special savings on auto, home, and renters insurance through Liberty Mutual Advantage™ from Liberty Mutual Group
As a member of the Texas Counseling Association you qualify for special savings* on your auto, home, and renters insurance through Liberty Mutual Advantage™ from Liberty Mutual Group. With Liberty Mutual Advantage, you can enjoy the ease and convenience of paying your premiums through checking account deductions with no down payment or finance charges. You’ll also enjoy fast, easy round-the-clock claims service and a variety of discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, passive restraints, level of education and anti-theft device discounts*.
See for yourself how much money you could save with Liberty Mutual compared to your current insurance provider. For a free, no-obligation quote, call 1-800-225-8281. Or click here to request a free quote on-line!
To learn more about Liberty Mutual, visit their web site. http://www.libertymutual.com/
* Discounts, other discounts, and credits are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
Coverage provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA.